Priyanka Chopra’s wedding was a Bollywood classic.
She wedded in an Indian castle – The breath taking Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur,
The wedding was a 5 day extravaganza with 225 of their closest family and friends all present to witness a Hindu wedding for Chopra and western wedding for Nick Jonas
Ralph Lauren Custom designed the wedding dress of the bride and groom. Her breathtaking gown came fully fitted with a 75ft veil
Priyanka did every sacred Hindu rite that is involved including the “puja ceremony” a prayer ritual often performed to spiritually celebrate an event. Joe Jonas and his family went along with every bit of it.
The wedding must have cost a fortune then, you would think, well not really.
Priyanka Chopra recently named one of the 100 most influential women in the world with 32 million followers on Instagram had brands chasing after her to offer free bridal services in exchange for a little shout on Instagram and her social media handles
Ti-fanny & co sponsored the bridal shower
Her Bachelorette party was courtesy of Havana club, she gave them a shout on Instagram
The gown she wore for her bridals shower was gifted by George Chakra Couture
Her husband Nick Jonas with 16 million Instagram followers also got sponsorship
Bachelor party in partnership with Elit vodk
Grooms men gift
Every wedding photo was worth thousands of dollars- Nick and Priyanka had sold the exclusive rights for their wedding photos to people Magazine for a whopping 2.5 million dollars.
Amazon sponsored her bridal registry.
And the exclusive venue? Well tourism in India needs to be promoted so of course what better way to advertise the Jodhpur palace to the world than have Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas use it for their big day.
Brand sponsored weddings have become a thing; and its not just about free products or services, celebrities get paid millions for using free products
Though some think it’s cheesy to make money with your wedding day, but they are not the only ones doing it;
- Our very own Banky W enjoyed it when he wedded Adesua in South-Africa; SA tourism board and a host of other liquor sponsors dominated his Instagram story.
- Khloe Kardashian’s baby shower was sponsored by Amazon
- George and Amal Clooney also sold their wedding photos to people and hello Magazine, for millions of dollars but sent the proceeds to charity
- Kim Kardashian made more than $2 million off her 88-day marriage to Kris Humphries,
- In 2008, People magazine paid 15 million US dollars for the exclusive rights to the first photos of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s twins.