When a 23 year old budding defender is lobbied by Manchester, Chelsea and Barcelona, and finally may pitch his tent with the Dare devils for a cool $60million, that’s some hot dude.
We followed his smoke trails to learn more about him, so here’s a one minute roundup
- Born in Sao Paulo Brazil Marquinhos is just 23years old.
- Limelight came in July 2013 when moved to Paris Saint-Germain for €31.4 million on a five-year contract, one of the highest fees for a player under the age of 20.
- Marquinhos who wears shirt no 5 has since made 155 club appearances winning ten items of silverware including the Ligue 1 title.
- He was part of the Brazil Under 21 side which won the 2014 Toulon Tournament . He also won a gold medal at the 2016 Olympics
- Marquinhos is easily one of the most promising center-backs in the world. The first part of his game that catches the eye is his positioning. For someone still learning his he rarely gets caught in the wrong area of the pitch.
- He has great pace, but rather than use it to recover, he is as quick as a flash making sure he’s in the right place at the right time.
- Marquinhos makes 73.7 passes per 90 minutes, completes around 93 per cent of all his attempts and hits 5.9 accurate long balls per 90.
- Marquinhos now looks set to join United for a fee of £60million after rejecting offers from Chelsea and Barcelona.
- Should the transfer materialize, then the 23-year-old will become the world’s most expensive defender, shattering the £50 million PSG paid Chelsea to sign David Luiz back in 2014 and the £47m Manchester City paid Everton to land John Stones.
If you are a lady and you have read this far, congratulations but please no wag ambitions, he is happily married with a baby on the way.
$60million deal or no deal with the red devils; we are yet to see. But one thing is certain
Hot! Hot!! Hot!!!