Many years back, Nokia was laid to rest by Google’s android operating system . Nokia’s windows operating system with Skype and internet explorer was no match for google’s you tube and Google Chrome available on Andriod
In 1998, after 14 years as the top phone manufacturer in the world, Nokia began its downward slide first to number 2 spot and then it finally disappeared, bought over by Microsoft.
In 2017’ a company called HMD bought the rights to the Nokia trade mark and resurrected the phones back to life – with pure android operating system.
Now Nokia is back in the market with an array of sleek phones and a remake of some of the old classics like 3310 and 8110
The newest crew in the Nokia family making news right now is Nokia 6
Everything you need to Know about Nokia 6
- Was launched last year in 2017 alongside other Nokia phones like Nokia 8, Nokia 1, 2 & 3. But in 2018, it’s been upgraded
- comes with 5.5” inch full-HD display and 1,920 x 1,080 screen resolution
- Has bronze detailing around its trim. It boasts a higher screen-to-body ratio for the more cinematic look. with a traditional 16:9 aspect ratio around the back is a two-tone finish in black and copper
- It comes with fingerprint sensor, previously located on front, and has been shifted to the back beneath the centrally-located camera system.
- The phone which runs on Android Oreo sports an on-board rear camera if 16 MP. The front-facing camera is 8 MP.
- Elsewhere, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 chipset powers the Nokia 6 (2018) and allows for fast charging (3000mAh) and 360-degree OZO Audio recording technology. it an appreciable boost over the 2017 model’s Snapdragon 430.
- The storage comes in two options: 3 GB of RAM with 32 GB of storage or 4 GB of RAM with 64 GB of storage. It can also accommodate a Micros card of up to 128 GB.
- On the camera front, the Nokia 6 (2018) features a primary 16MP f/2.0 sensor with Zeiss optics around back. The selfie camera weighs in at 8MP, with both cameras supporting Nokia’s “Bothie” photo mode for dual-sight shots.
With all these benefits its priced mid-range at $270 for the 32 GB version. It’s currently available at Amazon.com and Walmart.com.
Slowly but surely, Nokia is fighting back to take its spot as world’s mobile phone leaders- playing on affordable price point. wonder if they stand a chance.