1) Burna Boy’s mum was a whole vibe as she accepted his award for best international Act:
He beat fellow Nigerian Mr Easi, AKA South Africa, Dave UK and a host of others to emerge BET’s best international act. While he was busy being restless, his mother stepped up to accept the awards and boy she delivered
“Thank you Africa, because that’s the constituency for which we got noticed in the first place, and the message from Burna I believe would be that every black person should please remember that you were Africans before you were anything elseMama Burna
2) Y’all there were so many performers of the night- Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus, Migos, Dj Khaled, Meek Mill… but it was Offset and Cardi B that served desert with their performance Clout – watch
3) The Mary J Blige career rewind and presentation of the life time achievement award presented to her by Rihanna
4) The “Hustle-Gospel” according to Tyler Perry- Tyler Perry’s speech can change lives, watch on BET YouTube
I built my studio in one of the poorest black neighborhoods in Atlanta so that young black kids can see that a black man did that and they can do it too- I was trying to help somebody cross.
5) Nipsey Hussle received the Humanitarian awards- his family accepted it ….with some drama.
His mother made a lot of sense if you consider the individual pieces of what she had to say, but her trail of thoughts was not very coherent and well put together. She was trying to say they both knew he was going to die, she was trying to say she had accepted the reality, but her trail of thoughts left the audience really silent and twitter confused.
Calm down she is mourning y’all!
Again Nippy Hussle’s mom was trying to get her husband to speak into the mic, he shoved her away saying just do your thing please